Sunday, March 25, 2012

Outside In (the sequel to Inside Out)

Outside In (Insider, #2)Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A fast-paced sequel to Inside Out, it was an enjoyable continued exploration of Trella. I can't say I always understood some of her decisions--sometimes they were too easily explained with "that's just what I do" or with a reason someone else gave for what she does.

Trying not to give too much away, I was a little displeased with the way the romance drama worked out in this book--it seemed too sudden, and then too clean a break. Is it bad to say that I wanted Trella to mope a little longer? She's always so ready to get back to doing what she needs to do, which I can't help but find a little surprising for a woman who spent most of her life barely interacting with people.

Other than that, a good story, and it definitely had some surprised to it, which I appreciated. I hate when a sequel's direction is entirely predictable. I haven't checked to see if there's any information about it, but I so sort of half-hope there will be another book dealing with the Insiders, even if it's not about Trella.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment