Thursday, October 3, 2013

Freak of Nature

Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1)Freak of Nature by Julia Crane
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to give this book a better rating, I really did. It had so much potential, but...it fell flat. I like books with a lot of depth, with characters who have shades of gray, whether or not they see the world that way. I like when situations in a book make decisions difficult. And none of that really happened here, or not to any extent that I was every truly worried for Kaitlyn. Everything was too easy for her. One of the people who spends the most time with her just happens to be a gorgeous boy her age, who also happens to find her attractive. When she meets up with a guy from before her accident, there's potential for drama, but then Kaitlyn simply bypasses it. And then at the end she gets to go off and dictate exactly what she wants to do. I'm still not sure how a money-conscious businessman/scientist would be convinced that her greatest use is to go hunt down rapists and human traffickers, but oh well...maybe she has secret super powers of persuasion. The idea was interesting enough that I did finish the book, and the writing was fine grammatically, I just couldn't really get into it. And I'm not usually picky when it comes to romances, but like I said, this one was just too...easy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment